Place:


Isley Walton  Leicestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Isley Walton like this:

ISLEY-WALTON, a chapeliy in Kegworth parish, Leicester; near the boundary with Derby, 2 miles SW of Castle Donington, and 5 W by S of Kegworth r. stationPost town, Castle Donington, under Derby. Real property, £745. Pop., 46. Houses, 8. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the rectory of Kegworth, in the diocese of Peterborough.

Isley Walton through time

Isley Walton is now part of North West Leicestershire district. Click here for graphs and data of how North West Leicestershire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Isley Walton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Isley Walton in North West Leicestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10961

Date accessed: 15th December 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Isley Walton ".