Place:


West Littleton  Gloucestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described West Littleton like this:

LITTLETON (WEST), a parish in Chipping-Sodbury district, Gloucester; among the Cotswolds, adjacent to Wilts, 2 miles NW of Marshfield, and 6 E of Mangotsfield r. station. Post town, Marshfield, under Chippenham. Acres, 1,009. Rated property, £1,242. Pop., 120. Houses, 28. The property is subdivided. The manor belongs to the Duke of Beaufort. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the rectory of Tormarton, in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. The church is ancient; was repaired and enlarged in 1855; and has a curious bell-turret, or small tower, surmounted by a spire.

West Littleton through time

West Littleton is now part of South Gloucestershire district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Gloucestershire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about West Littleton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of West Littleton in South Gloucestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10952

Date accessed: 13th December 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " West Littleton ".