Place:


Lower Lemington  Gloucestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Lower Lemington like this:

LEMINGTON (LOWER), a parish in the district of Shipston-on-Stour, and county of Gloucester; contiguous to Warwickshire, 2 miles NE by N of Moreton-in-theMarsh r. station, and 5 SW by S of Shipton-on Stour. Post town, Moreton-in-the-Marsh. Acres, 855. Real property, £995. Pop., 57. Houses, 14. The property belongs to Lord Redesdale. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £27. Patron, Lord Redesdale. The church is good.

Lower Lemington through time

Lower Lemington is now part of Cotswold district. Click here for graphs and data of how Cotswold has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Lower Lemington itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Lower Lemington, in Cotswold and Gloucestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10946

Date accessed: 14th October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Lower Lemington ".