Place:


Haselton  Gloucestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Haselton like this:

HAZLETON, or HAZLEDON, a village and a parish in Northleach district, Gloucester. The village stands among the Cotswolds, 3 miles NW of Northleach, and 6 SW by W of Bourton-on-the-Water r. station. The parish contains also the chapelry of Yanworth; and its post town is Andoverford, under Cheltenham. Acres, 2, 530. Real property, £2, 753. Pop., 308. Houses, 64. The manor belongs to H. E. Waller, Esq. The living is a rectory, united with the chapelry of Yanworth, in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £550. Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is Norman.

Haselton through time

Haselton is now part of Cotswold district. Click here for graphs and data of how Cotswold has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Haselton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Haselton, in Cotswold and Gloucestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10937

Date accessed: 12th December 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Haselton ".