Place:


Llandegveth  Monmouthshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Llandegveth like this:

LLANDEGVETH, a parish in Pontypool district, Monmouth; on an affluent of the river Usk, 3 ½ miles N of Caerleon, and 3 ½ E by N of Cwmbran r. station. Post town, Caerleon, under Newport, Monmouth. Acres, 789. Real property, £1, 050. Pop., 116. Houses, 1 9. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Llandaff. Value, £16 4. Patron, W. A. Williams, Esq. The church is dedicated to St. Thomas.

Llandegveth through time

Llandegveth is now part of Monmouthshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Monmouthshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Llandegveth itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Llandegveth in Monmouthshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10907

Date accessed: 13th October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Llandegveth ".