Place:


Goadby  Leicestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Goadby like this:

GOADBY, a chapelry in Billesdon parish, Leicester; near a branch of the river Welland, 5½ miles N by W of Medbourne - Bridge r. station, and 8 NNE of Market-Harborough. Post - town, Billesdon, under Leicester. Real property, £1, 860. Pop., 134. Houses, 28. The manor belongs to Lord Berners. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the vicarage of Billesdon, in the diocese of Peterborough. The church was restored in 1854.

Goadby through time

Goadby is now part of Harborough district. Click here for graphs and data of how Harborough has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Goadby itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Goadby, in Harborough and Leicestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10844

Date accessed: 20th November 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Goadby ".