Place:


Wolves Newton  Monmouthshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Wolves Newton like this:

NEWTON-WOLVES, a parish, with a village, in Chepstow district, Monmouth; 3½ miles S E of Llandenny r. station, and 6½ N W of Chepstow. Post-town, Usk, under Newport, Monmouthshire. Acres, 2, 649. Real property, £1, 856. Pop., 193. Houses, 41. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Llandaff. Value, £237.* Patron, the Bishop of Llandaff.

Wolves Newton through time

Wolves Newton is now part of Monmouthshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Monmouthshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Wolves Newton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Wolves Newton in Monmouthshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10824

Date accessed: 16th October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Wolves Newton ".