Place:


Harescombe  Gloucestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Harescombe like this:

HARESCOMB, a parish in Wheatenhurst district, Gloucester; 2½ miles W by N of Painswick, and 3½ NNW of Stroud r. station. Post-town, Stroud, Gloucestershire. Acres, 478. Real property, £1,276. Pop., 138. Houses, 29. The property is divided among a few. Harescomb Court is the seat of W. ...


C. Lucy, Esq. The land is mostly in pasture. The living is a rectory, united with the rectory of Pitchcomb, in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £153.* Patron, R. J. Purnell, Esq. The church is early English, in tolerable condition; and has a curious bell turret. Charities, £4.

Harescombe through time

Harescombe is now part of Stroud district. Click here for graphs and data of how Stroud has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Harescombe itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Harescombe, in Stroud and Gloucestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10820

Date accessed: 17th December 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Harescombe ".