Place:


Guiting Power  Gloucestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Guiting Power like this:

GUYTING POWER, or LOWER GUYTING, a village and a parish in Winchcomb district, Gloucester. The village stands among the Cotswolds, 5½ miles ESE of Winchcomb, and 6 NW of Bourton-on-the-Water r. station; and has a post office, of the name of Lower Guyting, under Cheltenham. The parish includes also the hamlets of Guyting Grange and Cartlet. ...


Acres, 3, 380. Real property, £3, 640. Pop., 647. Houses, 161. The property is divided among a few. The manor belongs to J. Walker, Esq. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £124. Patron, J. Walker, Esq. The church is Norman, in good condition; and consists of nave, aisles, and chancel, with a tower. There is a chapelry, with chapel of ease, at Farmcote. There are also a Baptist chapel, and charities £15.

Guiting Power through time

Guiting Power is now part of Cotswold district. Click here for graphs and data of how Cotswold has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Guiting Power itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Guiting Power, in Cotswold and Gloucestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10808

Date accessed: 13th November 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Guiting Power ".