Place:


Llanfferrin  Monmouthshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Llanfferrin like this:

LLANVETHERINE, a parish in Abergavenny district, Monmouth; on the river Trothy, 3¾ miles SE by E of Llanfihangel r. station, and 4½ NE by E of Abergavenny. Post town, Abergavenny. Acres, 2,153. Real property, £2,575. Pop., 222. Houses, 43. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Llandaff. Value, £260. * Patron, the Earl of Abergavenny. The church is good.

Llanfferrin through time

Llanfferrin is now part of Monmouthshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Monmouthshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Llanfferrin itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Llanfferrin in Monmouthshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10799

Date accessed: 22nd September 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Llanfferrin ".