Place:


Ribby  Lancashire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Ribby like this:

RIBBY-WITH-WREA, a township and a chapelry in Kirkham parish, Lancashire. The township lies on the Wyre railway, at Wrea-Green r. station, 1¾ mile Wby S of Kirkham; and contains the village of Wrea-Green, which has a wall-box for Kirkham pest-office, under Preston. Acres, 1, 366. Real property, £2, 832. ...


Pop., 444. Houses, 87. The manor, with R. Hall, belongs to H. H. Hornby, Esq. The chapelry is more extensivethan the township. Pop., 918. The living is a p.curacy in the diocese of Manchester. Value, £115. * Patron, the Vicar of Kirkham. The church was built in 1849. There are an endowed school and charities, with aggregately £148.

Ribby through time

Ribby is now part of Fylde district. Click here for graphs and data of how Fylde has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Ribby itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Ribby, in Fylde and Lancashire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10772

Date accessed: 23rd November 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Ribby ".