Place:


Parbold  Lancashire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Parbold like this:

PARBOLD, a township in Eccleston parish, Lancashire; near the Leeds and Liverpool canal, 5½ miles N Wby W of Wigan. It has a post-office under Ormskirk; and it contains the church of Douglas chapelry. Acres, 1, 165. Real property, £3,031; of which £420 are inquarries. Pop., 474. Houses, 92. Parbold Hall is the seat of Mrs. Twining. Parbold hill commands goodviews to the Isle of Man, and to the mountains of Wales and Cumberland.

Parbold through time

Parbold is now part of West Lancashire district. Click here for graphs and data of how West Lancashire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Parbold itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Parbold in West Lancashire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10746

Date accessed: 09th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Parbold ".