Place:


Fleckney  Leicestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Fleckney like this:

FLECKNEY, a parish in Market-Harborough district, Leicester; on the Union canal, near the Kibworth station of the Leicester and Bedford railway, 7 miles NW of Market-Harborough. Post town, Kibworth-Harcourt, under Leicester. Acres, 1, 630. Real property, £2, 530. Pop., 581. Houses, 130. The property is much sub-divided. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £155.* Patron, the Earl of Lovelace. The church is tolerable; and there is a Baptist chapel.

Fleckney through time

Fleckney is now part of Harborough district. Click here for graphs and data of how Harborough has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Fleckney itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Fleckney, in Harborough and Leicestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10735

Date accessed: 20th November 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Fleckney ".