Place:


Edmondthorpe  Leicestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Edmondthorpe like this:

EDMONDTHORPE, a parish in Melton-Mowbray district, Leicester; on the verge of the county, adjacent to the Melton-Mowbray canal, 3¾ miles ESE of Saxby r. station, and 7 E by S of Melton-Mowbray. Post town, Wymondham, under Oakham. Acres, 1, 753. Real property, £2, 867. Pop., 233. Houses, 49. The property is not much divided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Peterborough. Valne, £630.* Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is neat, and has a pinnacled tower. Charities, £13.

Edmondthorpe through time

Edmondthorpe is now part of Melton district. Click here for graphs and data of how Melton has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Edmondthorpe itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Edmondthorpe, in Melton and Leicestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10731

Date accessed: 13th November 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Edmondthorpe ".