In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Great Easton like this:
EASTON (Great), or Easton Magna, a township-chapelry in Bringhurst parish, Leicester; and a sub-district in the district of Uppingham and counties of Leicester and Northampton. The township lies on the verge of the county, between the rivers Eye and Welland, adjacent to the Rugby and Stamford railway, 1 mile NW of Rockingham; and has a post office under Leicester. Real property, £5, 544. Pop., 590. Houses, 126. The property is much subdivided. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the vicarage of Bringhurst, in the diocese of Peterborough. The church is very good. There are chapels for Independents and Wesleyans. A school has £6 from endowment; and other charities have £19. -The sub-district comprises seven parishes in Leicester, and one in Northampton. Acres, 14, 882. Pop., 3, 135. Houses, 697.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Great Easton has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Harborough. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Great Easton and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Great Easton, in Harborough and Leicestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 24th May 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Great Easton".