Place:


Little Dalby  Leicestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Little Dalby like this:

DALBY (Little), or Dalby Parva, a parish in Melton-Mowbray district, Leicester; 3½ miles SSE of Melton-Mowbray r. station. Post town, Melton-Mowbray. Acres, 1,848. Real property, £2, 861. Pop., 183. Houses, 35. The property is divided among a few. Dalby House is the seat of E. B. Hartopp, Esq. The parish is a meet for the Cottesmore hounds. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £. 263.* Patron, E. B. Hartopp, Esq. The church is modern and very good; and has monuments of the Hartopps.

Little Dalby through time

Little Dalby is now part of Melton district. Click here for graphs and data of how Melton has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Little Dalby itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Little Dalby, in Melton and Leicestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10720

Date accessed: 23rd November 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Little Dalby ".