Place:


Carlton  Leicestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Carlton like this:

CARLTON, a chapelry in Market-Bosworth parish, Leicester; on the Ashby-de-la-Zouch canal, 1½ mile NW by N of Market-Bosworth, and 5 WSW of Bagworth r. station. Post Town, Market-Bosworth, under Hinckley. Acres, 680. Real property, £1,755. Pop., 277. Houses, 63. The property is divided among a few. The chapelry was constituted in 1868. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £173.

Carlton through time

Carlton is now part of Hinckley and Bosworth district. Click here for graphs and data of how Hinckley and Bosworth has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Carlton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Carlton, in Hinckley and Bosworth and Leicestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10673

Date accessed: 20th November 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Carlton ".