Place:


Falfield  Gloucestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Falfield like this:

FALFIELD, a tything and a chapelry in Thornbury parish, Gloucester. The tything is conjoint with moorton; and lies 2 miles NE by E of Thornbury, and 4 NW of Wickwar r. station. Real property, £2, 159. Pop., 884. Houses, 189. The chapelry is less extensive than the tything. Post town, Thornbury, under Bristol. Pop., 700. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £60. Patron, Christ Church, Oxford. The church was built in 1860.

Falfield through time

Falfield is now part of South Gloucestershire district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Gloucestershire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Falfield itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Falfield in South Gloucestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10659

Date accessed: 17th December 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Falfield ".