Place:


Eastleach Martin  Gloucestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Eastleach Martin like this:

EAST-LEACH-MARTIN, or Burthorpe, a parish in Northleach district, Gloucester; on the river Leach, near Icknield-street, adjacent to the boundary with Oxford, 4 miles N by E of Lechlade, and 11 WSW of Witney r. station. Post town, East-Leach-Turville, under Swindon. Acres, 1, 960. Real property, £2, 462. Pop., 216. Houses, 42. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £150.* Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church consists of nave and chancel.

Eastleach Martin through time

Eastleach Martin is now part of Cotswold district. Click here for graphs and data of how Cotswold has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Eastleach Martin itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Eastleach Martin, in Cotswold and Gloucestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10632

Date accessed: 20th September 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Eastleach Martin ".