Place:


Coln St Dennis  Gloucestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Coln St Dennis like this:

COLN-ST. DENIS, a parish in Northleach district, Gloucester; on the river Colne, near the Fosse way, 3 miles SSW of Nortlhleach, and 8 NE by N of Cirencester r. station. Post town, Northleach, under Cheltenham. Acres, 2, 430. Real property, £2, 513. Pop., 206. Houses, 45. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £400. Patron, Pembroke College, Oxford. The church is Norman and good.

Coln St Dennis through time

Coln St Dennis is now part of Cotswold district. Click here for graphs and data of how Cotswold has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Coln St Dennis itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Coln St Dennis, in Cotswold and Gloucestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10553

Date accessed: 20th October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Coln St Dennis ".