Place:


Batsford  Gloucestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Batsford like this:

BATSFORD, or Battisford, a parish in the district of Shipston-on-Stour, and county of Gloucester; near the Stratford railway and the Fosse way, 2 miles NW of Moreton. Post Town, Moreton-in-the-Marsh. Acres, 932. Real property, £2,075. Pop., 130. Houses, 22. The property is not much divided. Batsford Park is the seat of Lord Redesdale. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £370.* Patron, Lord Redesdale. The church was rebuilt in 1862.

Batsford through time

Batsford is now part of Cotswold district. Click here for graphs and data of how Cotswold has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Batsford itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Batsford, in Cotswold and Gloucestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10528

Date accessed: 17th December 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Batsford ".