Place:


Stockton  Shropshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Stockton like this:

STOCKTON, a parish, with a village and two hamlets, in Shiffnal district, Salop; 2 miles E by N of Linley r. station, and 4¼ N by E of Bridgnorth. Post town, Shiffnal. Acres, 3,162. Real property, £5,191. Pop., 490. Houses, 92. The property is all in one estate. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, not reported. Patron, W. A. Foster, Esq. The church was partly restored, partly rebuilt, in 1860.

Stockton through time

Stockton is now part of Bridgnorth district. Click here for graphs and data of how Bridgnorth has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Stockton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Stockton, in Bridgnorth and Shropshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10497

Date accessed: 19th April 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Stockton ".