Place:


Stirchley  Shropshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Stirchley like this:

STIRCHLEY, a parish, with a r. station, in Madeley district, Salop; on the Coalport railway, 3½ miles N of Coalport. Post town, Shiffnal. Acres, 833. Real property, £1,622. Pop., 310. Houses, 59. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £262. Patrons, R. Phillips, Esq., and others. The church has been restored and enlarged.

Stirchley through time

Stirchley is now part of Telford and Wrekin district. Click here for graphs and data of how Telford and Wrekin has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Stirchley itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Stirchley, in Telford and Wrekin and Shropshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10496

Date accessed: 21st April 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Stirchley ".