Place:


Stanton Lacy  Shropshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Stanton Lacy like this:

STANTON-LACY, a township and a parish in Ludlow district, Salop. The township lies on the river Corve, 1¼ mile N of Bromfie1d r. station, and 3 NNW of Ludlow; and has a post-office under Bromfield, Shropshire. The parish contains also Downton, Lower Hayton, Upper Hayton, Rock, and Wootton townships, East and West hamlets, parts of Henley and Hopton townships, and Ludlow workhouse. ...


Acres, 7,615. Real property, £12,882. Pop., 1,598. Houses, 326. The property is much subdivided. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Hereford. Va1ue, £485.* Patron, R. G. W. Clive, Esq. The church is ancient but good. There are chapels for Wesleyans and Primitive Methodists, and a national school.

Stanton Lacy through time

Stanton Lacy is now part of South Shropshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Shropshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Stanton Lacy itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Stanton Lacy in South Shropshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10492

Date accessed: 18th October 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Stanton Lacy ".