In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Snead like this:
SNEAD, a parish in the district of Clun and county of Montgomery; 2 miles NNW of Bishops-Castle r. station. Post town, Bishops-Castle, Shropshire. Acres, 644. Real property, £742. Pop., 59. Houses, 10. The property is subdivided. The living is a rectory, annexed to Hyssington. The church is bad.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Snead has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Powys. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Snead and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Snead, in Powys and Shropshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 30th August 2016
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Snead".