Place:


Bulley  Gloucestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Bulley like this:

BULLEY, a parish in Westbury-on-Severn district, Gloucestershire; 2 miles NW of Okle-street r. station, and 5 WNW of Gloucester. Post Town, Huntley, under Gloucester. Acres, 951. Real property, £1,855. Pop., 226. Houses, 47. The property is subdivided. The living is a p. curacy annexed to the vicarage of Churcham, in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. The church has Norman parts.

Bulley through time

Bulley is now part of Forest of Dean district. Click here for graphs and data of how Forest of Dean has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Bulley itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Bulley, in Forest of Dean and Gloucestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10444

Date accessed: 19th November 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Bulley ".