Place:


Broadwell  Gloucestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Broadwell like this:

BROADWELL, or Bradle, a parish in Stow-on-the-Wold district, Gloucester; on the Fosse way, 1½ mile NNE of Stow-on-the-Wold, and 2 miles WNW of Addlestrop r. station. It has a post office under Moreton-in-the-Marsh. Acres, 1,600. Real property, £3,713. Pop., 398. Houses, 92. The property is much subdivided. Broadwell House is the seat of Lord Leigh. The living is a rectory, united with the rectory of Addlestrop, in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £643.* Patron, Lord Leigh. The church is good; and there are a national school and charities £16.

Broadwell through time

Broadwell is now part of Cotswold district. Click here for graphs and data of how Cotswold has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Broadwell itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Broadwell, in Cotswold and Gloucestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10438

Date accessed: 24th October 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Broadwell ".