Place:


Neenton  Shropshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Neenton like this:

NEENTON, a parish in Bridgnorth district, Salop; on the river Rea, 6½ miles S W of Bridgnorth r. station. Post town, Bridgnorth. Acres, 1, 140. Real property, not separately returned. Pop., 110. Houses, 27. The property is divided among a few. The manor belongs to H. Lyster, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £190.* Patron, Lady Charles Lyster. The church is ancient but good, and has a bell-turret.

Neenton through time

Neenton is now part of Bridgnorth district. Click here for graphs and data of how Bridgnorth has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Neenton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Neenton, in Bridgnorth and Shropshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10435

Date accessed: 20th February 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Neenton ".