Place:


Myndtown  Shropshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Myndtown like this:

MINDTOWN, a parish in Clun district, Salop; under the Long Mynd, 3½ miles W of Marsh-Brook r. station, and 4½ E by N of Bishops-Castle. Post town, BishopsCastle, Shropshire. Acres, 908. Real property, £730. Pop., 48. Houses, 7. The manor belongs to W. Plowden, Esq. An old seat of the Mynde family was here, and is now a farm-house. Traces of copper ore exist. There is a saline spa, much frequented. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £135. Patron, the Earl of Powis. The church is ancient.

Myndtown through time

Myndtown is now part of South Shropshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Shropshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Myndtown itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Myndtown in South Shropshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10431

Date accessed: 14th November 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Myndtown ".