Place:


Trefilan  Cardiganshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Trefilan like this:

TREFILAN, a parish, with Talsarn hamlet, in Lampeter district, Cardigan; 6 miles NNW of Lampeter r. station. Post town, Lampeter, under Carmarthen. Acres, 2,201. Real property, £1,229. Pop., 313. Houses, 62. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of St. Davids. Value, £77. Patron, the Bishop of St. D. The church was rebuilt in 1806.

Trefilan through time

Trefilan is now part of Ceredigion district. Click here for graphs and data of how Ceredigion has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Trefilan itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Trefilan, in Ceredigion and Cardiganshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10428

Date accessed: 15th October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Trefilan ".