Place:


Longdon upon Tern  Shropshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Longdon upon Tern like this:

LONGDON-UPON-TERN, a parish in Wellington district, Salop; on the river Tern and the Shrewsbury canal, 3 ½ miles N by W of Wellington r. station. Posttown, Wellington, Salop. Acres, 796. Real property, £1,659; of which £18 are in the canal, and £8 in quarries. Pop., 88. Houses, 17. The property is divided among a few. The manor belongs to the Duke of Sutherland. The living is a donative in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £182. Patron, the Duke of Sutherland. The church is of brick.

Longdon upon Tern through time

Longdon upon Tern is now part of Telford and Wrekin district. Click here for graphs and data of how Telford and Wrekin has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Longdon upon Tern itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Longdon upon Tern, in Telford and Wrekin and Shropshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10409

Date accessed: 22nd October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Longdon upon Tern ".