Place:


Kinlet  Shropshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Kinlet like this:

KINLET, a parish in Cleobury-Mortimer district, Salop; 4 miles SW by W of Higley r. station, and 4½ NNE of Cleobury-Mortimer. It contains the hamlet of Earnwood; and its post town is Bewdley. Acres, 6, 692. Real property, £6, 457. Pop., 424. Houses, 85. The property belonged formerly to the Bramptons, and belongs now to their descendant, W. ...


L. Childe, Esq., whose seat is Kinlet Hall. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £380.* Patron, W. L. Childe, Esq. The church is cruciform, in fair condition; and contains monuments of the Blounts, the Cornwalls, and the Childes of Kinlet.

Kinlet through time

Kinlet is now part of Bridgnorth district. Click here for graphs and data of how Bridgnorth has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Kinlet itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Kinlet, in Bridgnorth and Shropshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10392

Date accessed: 18th October 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Kinlet ".