Place:


Hopton Cangeford  Shropshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Hopton Cangeford like this:

HOPTON-IN-THE-HOLE, or HOPTON-CANGEFORD, a parish in Ludlow district, Salop; 4 miles NE of Ludlow town and r. station. Post town, Ludlow. Acres, 562. Pop., 30. Houses, 6. The property is all in one estate. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £90.* Patron, SirH. R. Boughton, Bart. The church is a recent brick edifice.

Hopton Cangeford through time

Hopton Cangeford is now part of South Shropshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Shropshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Hopton Cangeford itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Hopton Cangeford in South Shropshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10384

Date accessed: 22nd August 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Hopton Cangeford ".