Place:


Halford  Shropshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Halford like this:

HALFORD, a chapelry in Bromfield parish, Salop; on the river Onney, adjacent to the Shrewsbury and Hereford railway, near Craven Arms r. station, 7½ miles NW of Ludlow. It includes the township of Dinchope; and its post town is Wistanstow, Shropshire. Acres, 1, 062. Rated property, £1, 260. Pop., 141. Houses, 23. The property is divided among a few. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £40.* Patron, Lady Windsor. The church is good.

Halford through time

Halford is now part of South Shropshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Shropshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Halford itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Halford in South Shropshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10368

Date accessed: 20th October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Halford ".