Place:


Hadley  Shropshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Hadley like this:

HADLEY, a village and a chapelry in Wellington parish, Salop. The village stands near the Shrewsbury canal and the Shropshire Union railway, 1¼ mile ENE of Wellington; is inhabited chiefly by colliers; and has a station on the railway and a post office under Wellington, Salop. The chapelry was constituted in 1858. Rated property, £4, 052. Pop., 1, 654. Houses, 344. The property is much subdivided. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £102.* Patrons, Trustees. The church is very good; and a Wesleyan chapel was built in 1867.

Hadley through time

Hadley is now part of Telford and Wrekin district. Click here for graphs and data of how Telford and Wrekin has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Hadley itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Hadley, in Telford and Wrekin and Shropshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10365

Date accessed: 16th October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Hadley ".