Place:


Barnwood  Gloucestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Barnwood like this:

BARNWOOD, a parish in the district and county of Gloucester; on the Fosse-way and Cheltenham railway, 2 miles ESE of Gloucester. Post Town, Gloucester. Acres, 1,471. Real property, £5,133. Pop., 507. Houses, 110. The property is much subdivided. Barnwood Court and Barnwood House are chief residences. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol.-Value, £195. Patrons, the Dean and Chapter of Gloucester. The church is tolerable.

Barnwood through time

Barnwood is now part of Gloucester district. Click here for graphs and data of how Gloucester has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Barnwood itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Barnwood, in Gloucester and Gloucestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10356

Date accessed: 24th March 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Barnwood ".