Place:


West Bridgford  Nottinghamshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described West Bridgford like this:

BRIDGFORD (West), a township and a parish in Basford district, Notts. The township lies on the Grantham canal, near the Midland railway, 2 miles SE of Nottingham. Pop., 280. Houses, 58. The parish contains also the township of Gamston; and includes part of the village of Bassingfield, which has a post office under Nottingham. ...


Acres, 1,720. Real property, £3,360. Pop., 390. Houses, 76. The property is divided between two. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £588. Patron, J. Musters, Esq. The church is good; and there is an endowed school, with £27 a year.

West Bridgford through time

West Bridgford is now part of Rushcliffe district. Click here for graphs and data of how Rushcliffe has changed over two centuries. For statistics about West Bridgford itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of West Bridgford, in Rushcliffe and Nottinghamshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/1034

Date accessed: 21st September 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " West Bridgford ".