In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Aston Subedge like this:
ASTON-SUB-EDGE, a parish in the district of Evesham and county of Gloucester; on the West Midland railway, under Bredon hill, 2 miles SSW of Honeybourne r. station, and 6 ESE of Evesham. Post Town, Campden, under Moreton-in-the-Marsh. Acres, 755. Real property, £1,503. Pop., 128. Houses, 27. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £204.* Patron, Earl Harrowby. The church is tolerable.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Aston Subedge has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Cotswold. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Aston Subedge and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Aston Subedge, in Cotswold and Gloucestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 07th February 2016
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Aston Subedge".