In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Ashleworth like this:
ASHELWORTH, or Ashleworth, a parish in the district and county of Gloucester; at a ferry on the river Severn, 5 miles N of Gloucester r. station. It has a post office under Gloucester. Acres, 1,710. Real property, £3,710. Pop., 547. Houses, 136. The property is subdivided. Ashelworth House is an old seat of the Haywards. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £280. Patron, the Bishop of Gloucester and Bristol. The church is early English, and has a tower and spire. There are a national school, a police station, and some charities.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Ashleworth has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Tewkesbury. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Ashleworth and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Ashleworth, in Tewkesbury and Gloucestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 27th September 2016
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Ashleworth".