Place:


Ampney St Peter  Gloucestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Ampney St Peter like this:

AMPNEY-ST. PETER, or Easington, a parish in Cirencester district, Gloucester; contiguous to Ampney St. Mary, 4½ miles E of Cirencester r. station. Post town, Cirencester. Acres, 533. Real property, £1,291. Pop., 188. Houses, 49. The property is divided among a few. The living. is a vicarage in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £60. Patron, the Bishop of Gloucester and Bristol. The church is good.

Ampney St Peter through time

Ampney St Peter is now part of Cotswold district. Click here for graphs and data of how Cotswold has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Ampney St Peter itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Ampney St Peter, in Cotswold and Gloucestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10326

Date accessed: 22nd October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Ampney St Peter ".