Place:


Ampney St Mary  Gloucestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Ampney St Mary like this:

AMPNEY-ST. MARY, or Ashbrook, a parish in Cirencester district, Gloucester; on Ampney brook, 4 miles E of Cirencester r. station. Post Town, Cirencester. Acres, 1,170. Real property, £2,552. Pop., 125. Houses, 28. The property is not much divided. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £71. Patron, M. H. Beach, Esq. The church is an ivy-clad, quaint-looking, very ancient edifice, recently repaired.

Ampney St Mary through time

Ampney St Mary is now part of Cotswold district. Click here for graphs and data of how Cotswold has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Ampney St Mary itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Ampney St Mary, in Cotswold and Gloucestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10325

Date accessed: 16th October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Ampney St Mary ".