Place:


Abenhall  Gloucestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Abenhall like this:

ABINGHALL, or Abbenhall, a parish in Westbury on-Severn district, Gloucester; in Dean forest, 1¾ mile SSW of Longhope r. station, and 5 N of Newnham. Post Town, Longhope under Newnham. Acres, 751. Real property, £1,718. Pop., 228. Houses, 48. The property is not much divided. There is a mineral spring. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £142.* Patron, J. F. Sevier, Esq. The church is an old Norman edifice, in good condition and contains some ancient tombs.

Abenhall through time

Abenhall is now part of Forest of Dean district. Click here for graphs and data of how Forest of Dean has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Abenhall itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Abenhall, in Forest of Dean and Gloucestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10306

Date accessed: 18th June 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Abenhall ".