Place:


Hyssington  Montgomeryshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Hyssington like this:

HYSSINGTON, a township in Montgomeryshire, and a parish partly also in Salop, but all in the district of Clun. The township lies contiguous to Salop, 3½ miles N by W of Bishops-Castle r. station, and 6 ESE of Montgomery. Acres, 1,832. Real property, £1, 609. Pop., 2 84. Houses, 58.—The parish includes, within Salop, the township of Mucklewick; and comprises 2, 382 acres. ...


Post town, Bishops-Castle, Shropshire. Pop., 341. Houses, 70. The property is much subdivided. The living is a vicarage, united with the rectory of Snead, in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £248. Patron, the Rev. R. E. Owen. The church stands within the precincts of a ruined castle, and is pretty good.

Hyssington through time

Hyssington is now part of Powys district. Click here for graphs and data of how Powys has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Hyssington itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Hyssington, in Powys and Montgomeryshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10299

Date accessed: 21st August 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Hyssington ".