Place:


Habergham Eaves  Lancashire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Habergham Eaves like this:

HABERGHAM EAVES, a township and a chapelry in Whalley parish, Lancashire. The township is suburban to Burnley; includes a town continuous with Burnley; lies partly within Burnley borough; and shares in that town's communications and employments. Acres, 4, 007. Real property, £55, 673; of which £7, 668 are in mines, and £206 in quarries. ...


Pop. in 1851, 12, 549; in 1861, 18, 013. Houses, 3, 369. Pop. of the part Within Burnley borough, in 1861, 11, 469. Houses, 2, 094. The increase of pop. arose from the erection of cotton mills. Coal is largely worked. The manor belongs to the Duke of Buccleuch; and other chief properties belong to four landowners. The chapelry is less extensive than the township; and was constituted in 1 842. Pop. in 1861, 11, 533. Houses, 2, 195. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Manchester. Value, £350.* Patrons, Hulme's Trustees. The church stands in Trinity street; is in the Tudor style; and consists of nave, aisles, and chancel, with a tower. There are several dissenting chapels, national schools, and charities £37.

Habergham Eaves through time

Habergham Eaves is now part of Burnley district. Click here for graphs and data of how Burnley has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Habergham Eaves itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Habergham Eaves, in Burnley and Lancashire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10289

Date accessed: 20th February 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Habergham Eaves ".