Place:


Goldshaw Booth  Lancashire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Goldshaw Booth like this:

GOLDSHAW BOOTH, a township in Newchurch-in-Pendle chapelry, Whalley parish, Lancashire; 3 miles NW of Marsden r. station, and 6 NW of Burnley. Acres, 980. Real property, £2, 473. Pop. in 1851, 620; in 1861, 406. Houses, 80. The decrease of pop. was occasioned by the removal of handloom weavers. There is a Wesleyan chapel.

Goldshaw Booth through time

Goldshaw Booth is now part of Pendle district. Click here for graphs and data of how Pendle has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Goldshaw Booth itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Goldshaw Booth, in Pendle and Lancashire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10258

Date accessed: 23rd February 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Goldshaw Booth ".