Place:


Wardington  Oxfordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Wardington like this:

WARDINGTON, a chapelry, with two hamlets, in Cropredy parish, Oxford; 1¾ mile ESE of Cropredy r. station. It has a post-office under Banbury. Acres, 2,600. Real property, £4,546. Pop. in 1851, 862; in 1861, 732. Houses, 183. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £135.* Patron, the Bishop of O. The church is ancient but good. There are a Wesleyan chapel, a national school, and charities £8.

Wardington through time

Wardington is now part of Cherwell district. Click here for graphs and data of how Cherwell has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Wardington itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Wardington, in Cherwell and Oxfordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10249

Date accessed: 21st October 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Wardington ".