Place:


Culmington  Shropshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Culmington like this:

CULMINGTON, a township and a parish in Ludlow district, Salop. The township lies on the river Corve, 3 miles NE of Onibury r. station, and 4½ N by W of Ludlow. The parish includes also the townships of Burley, Siefton, and Bache and Norton; and its post town is Bromfield, Salop. Acres, 3, 476. Real property, £4, 933. Pop., 517. Houses, 104. The property is all in one estate. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £800.* Patron, W. J. Clement, Esq. The church is old but good.

Culmington through time

Culmington is now part of South Shropshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Shropshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Culmington itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Culmington in South Shropshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10248

Date accessed: 19th November 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Culmington ".