Place:


Warborough  Oxfordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Warborough like this:

WARBOROUGH, a parish in the district of Wallingford and county of Oxford; 3 miles N by W of Wallingford r. station. It includes Shillingford hamlet, and has a post-office under Wallingford. Acres, 1,673. Real property, £3,719. Pop., 764. Houses, 173. The property is much subdivided. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £668.* Patron, Corpus Christi College, Oxford. The church is good; and there are a national school, and charities £5.

Warborough through time

Warborough is now part of South Oxfordshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Oxfordshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Warborough itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Warborough in South Oxfordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10247

Date accessed: 21st October 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Warborough ".