Place:


Stadhampton  Oxfordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Stadhampton like this:

STADHAMPTON, a parish in the district of Abingdon and county of Oxford; on the river Thames, 5 miles E .by N of Culham r. station, and 6 N of Wallingford. It has a post-office under Wallingford. Acres, 620. Real property, £1,537. Pop., 329. Houses, 75. The living is a p. curacy annexed to Chiselhampton. The church is good; and there are a Baptist chapel and a free school. Dean Owen, chaplain to Cromwell, was a native.

Stadhampton through time

Stadhampton is now part of South Oxfordshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Oxfordshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Stadhampton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Stadhampton in South Oxfordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10180

Date accessed: 19th October 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Stadhampton ".