Place:


Shenington  Oxfordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Shenington like this:

SHENINGTON, a parish, with a village, in Banbury district, Oxford; 6 miles WNW of Banbury r. station. It has a post-office under Banbury. Acres, 1,340. Real property, £3,054. Pop., 415. Houses, 104. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £321.* Patron, Lady Jersey. The church is decorated and later English. There are a dissenting chapel, a free school, and charities £6.

Shenington through time

Shenington is now part of Cherwell district. Click here for graphs and data of how Cherwell has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Shenington itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Shenington, in Cherwell and Oxfordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10164

Date accessed: 18th December 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Shenington ".